Thursday, June 6, 2013

MAC Pick-Ups// Flamingo & Morange [Lipstick Haul]

Hi Guys,

So the "All About Orange" collection launched in MAC stores/counters today and I was particularly excited for the lipstick in "Flamingo" because I missed out on it when it first released in the "Iris Apfel" collection (as a matter of fact, I missed out on all 4 of those highly coveted lipsticks due to the fact that I was desperately trying not to spend so much money on makeup..). So when I saw that they were repromoting the lipstick in this collection I made sure to pick one up.

As with anything related to makeup, I can never just go in and out without browsing for what feels like hours, at everything else so obviously I left purchasing one other thing that wasn't necessarily on my mental shopping list. The "All About Orange" collection, as the name states, is an orange color themed collection and while I wasn't thoroughly impressed with the other lippies, I was on a hunt for a bright orange lipstick. "Morange", a lipstick in the permanent line, fulfilled this impulsive craving and I left the MAC counter feeling excited and regretful at the same time (starving student syndrome..).


Both lipsticks retail for $18 CDN/$15 USD and come in the classic black bullet packaging with silver accents MAC is known for.

"Flamingo" is described as a "light milky bright coral". It's a lustre finish so it applies more sheerly on the lips. This is a limited edition shade.

"Morange" is described as a "loudmouth orange" (I definitely agree with that!). It's an amplified creme finish making it highly pigmented and very creamy on the lips. This shade is part of the permanent line.


Regardless of the fact that money does NOT grow on trees, I feel rather satisfied with my purchases and will definitely be showing these two new lippies some love as the weather continues to warm up. 

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Flamingo looks so pretty! I'm hoping it's still available at my local MAC counter :)

    --Mari
    http://bluchiffon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...